english as a second language (esl)
“your fresh start begins now!!”
esl classes are available for immigrants and other individuals who are english language learners to:
- improve reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension skills in english
- improve math skills
- gain workplace skills and vocabulary
- acquire an understanding of the american system of government, individual freedom, and the responsibilities of citizenship.
english literacy classes help students improve their daily communication skills, assist with employment or advancement at work, and build confidence to pursue further educational opportunities.
classes are open to individuals 16 years or older who are not required to be enrolled in high school. program staff will work with local school districts to verify that high school enrollment is not required. no one can be enrolled in both the ael program and high school at the same time.
to join an esl class, individuals must:
- attend an orientation session with an esl instructor.
- complete an application.
- take listening and reading pre-assessments.
- commit to attend class regularly.