buena vista university
buena vista university-- lakes region
emmetsburg, estherville, spencer, spirit lake
buena vista university is a four-year educational university. the main campus is located in storm lake, iowa. buena vista is fully accredited by the north central association of colleges and schools. programs of study are approved by the iowa department of instruction.
evening - online programs available at the lakes region
for more information, please see a buena vista rep at one of the iowa lakes campuses.
- bachelor of applied science
- bachelor of applied studies
- bachelor of arts
financial decision making
- business education*
- criminology and criminal justice
- distributive major:
health services leadership
- elementary education
- human services
- organizational leadership - business emphasis
- organizational leadership - human services emphasis
- post baccalaureate certification program
- social science*
- special education (essi)
selected education endorsements are offered in:
- middle school endorsement (5-8)
- pre-kindergarten / kindergarten endorsement
- reading endorsement (5-12)
- reading endorsement (k-8)
- special education instructional strategist i endorsement (5-12)
- special education instructional strategist i endorsement (k-8)
- stem (k-8) (5-8)
- teaching english as a second language (esl) endorsement (k-12)
- talented and gifted
* secondary (5-12) certification option available
**cooperative program with iowa lakes community college
certain majors require partial or complete online course work.
all sites are on iowa lakes community college campuses.
bvu lakes region at iowa lakes is one of 16 off-campus programs operated by buena vista. presently over 1500 students are enrolled in these programs. high quality academic programs, dedicated faculty and committed administrators will help you acquire the knowledge and develop the skills you need to reach your life and career goals.
2 + 2 allows for students to complete their four-year degree on the iowa lakes campus by attending the first two years of their program with iowa lakes and the final two years with buena vista. transfer students are also accepted into the programs.
the term system is designed to meet the needs of busy students with family and career obligations. six 8-week terms are scheduled each year. each class meets two evenings per week (on monday and thursday), hybrid or online. a full-time student enrolls in two courses per term (6 semester hours).
financial aid is available to buena vista university students who qualify. the site is approved for persons on the gi bill.
admission requirements. students should possess an a.a. or approved a.s./a.a.s. degree, or 60 semester hours.